Wednesday 5 March 2014

Zambia Fundraiser

How was your weekend?

Some of you may have seen on instagram shots of the preparation for the Auction of Promises which my family held back in the Shire.


This is because I'm going to Zambia in April with my family and Six Formers from Wye Valley School (Buckinghamshire). I'm ridiculously excited as I have never been to central Africa.


Box of vegetables for a "DIY" meal

We are raising money for Life Straws and materials to help provide tools for the people of Lusaka to set up mentoring schemes within the school there. You can find out about Wye Valley's seven year partnership with Libala High School here.

My mumma organised an Italain Supper Evening with an auction of items donated by friends and local businesses.

It took us 3 hours to set up the tables!?!

This meant that Amelia (my sister, and designosaur model) and I spent all day setting up the tables for over 100 guests whilst my mum and friends cooked copious amounts of Lasagne, and my dad finalised the Auction listings. There was a lot of help along the way from friends of my parents too!

We donated a George necklace, which went for much above the RRP which was great!

You can get your very own George here.
My dad auctioning, with myself taking down the winning numbers

This is Brandon, he sang on the night and was pretty awesome. Also from serious stalking I've found out that he might be coming to BIMM (Brighton Institue of Modern Music) so you may see him about if you are Brighton based like us!

Obviously Jacques got dragged along to lift things, serve dinner and make 100 coffees, so on Sunday we were all shattered!

Jacques and I on our cow hunt in the countryside
It was a great evening and we managed to raise a huge amount of money. If you would like to give to the Appeal then please click here.

Myself, Caz and Amelia. Caz won the George Necklace, can you spot him? 
ROAR!



www.thezambiaproject.co.uk



1 comment:

hello DODO said...

Looks awesome! Glad George could help as well :D